Published: Thursday, 15 October 2015 14:40 | Written by SciFi Vision
On Thursday, October 8th, the first press room at New York Comic Con I attended was for Hunters on Syfy, which premieres in April of 2016. Following are videos with the cast and crew, as well as highlights from the interviews, and of course photographs. Information about the series can be found at the end.
Syfy Press Room Hunters
Executive producers Gale Anne Hurd and Natalie Chaidez Star Britne Oldford (Regan) Alien Hunter author Whitley Strieber Prosthetics Supervisor Justin Dix
* On Strieber's amount of involvement in the series, which he did not have with some of his other projects
* On Alien Hunter: The White House, the next installment in his novel series, which will be out in April of 2016
* On the probability of eventual cross-pollination of the television series and book
* On the short story tie-in edition he is writing for Syfy that goes back to Flynn as a teenager
* On the look of the series and the budget
* On some of his other novels and experiences
* On writing fiction and exploring Flynn
Britney Oldford, Natalie Chaidez, and Gale Anne Hurd
*Hunters is a show about aliens and beings called hunters and an underground world that will be unfolded over season one.
* The show is an allegory for social issues and explores terrorism - their agenda and goal is the secret of the show.
* Hurd on the idea of being touched by something and your life changing irrevocably - can you maintain your humanity? Is there a possibility that an alien species may have more humanity than humans?
* The show has many strong females both in front of and behind the camera.
* The book is a jumping off point for the series.
* Hurd on reading Strieber's novels and bringing on Chaidez
* Chaidez on accepting the job and the exciting challenge of taking on aliens
* Oldford on auditioning and playing a hunter and what that means
* Oldford on the demands of the role, both emotional and physical
* Dix on the grittiness of the look; they don't shy away from gore and scares
* On using practical effects and pulling every trick
* On being able to emulate some of the effects he grew up with
* On making the effects unique and testing themselves; they've been let off the leash
* On creating the look of how human alien hybrids are disguised as hunters; what the alien physiology is like within humans
* On his old school inspiration
From the Press Release:
Series Synopsis - When the wife of a Baltimore FBI agent disappears, the search to find her leads to a secret government unit dedicated to hunting terrorists. The terrorists, however, are unlike any others, and might not even be of this world.
The series stars Nathan Phillips (Wolf Creek) as Flynn, the headstrong Baltimore FBI agent with a dark past trying to piece together the disappearance of his wife. Britne Oldford (American Horror Story) will play Regan, who is one of the government's most valuable operatives and may be keeping secrets of her own. Julian McMahon portrays McCarthy, an unhinged junky and Hunter cell leader.
Hunters is inspired by Whitley Strieber's best-selling novel, Alien Hunter.
The 13-part series from Universal Cable Productions will premiere on Syfy in April 2016.