THE 2012 ELECTION BEGINS IN AUGUST WHEN GARY MORGENSTEIN'S BIPARTISAN ROMANTIC COMEDY RIGHT ON TARGET PREMIERES AT NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL FRINGE FESTIVAL
NEW YORK – Love, sex and politics! Just in time for the 2012 election, Gary Morgenstein's politically charged bipartisan, biracial romantic comedy, RIGHT ON TARGET
, about a conservative African American – who claims he was fired from PBS for his politics -- and his liberal Jewish wife will premiere at the New York International Fringe Festival at the Main Stage of the Cherry Lane Theater, 38 Commerce Street, Saturday, August 11 at 7PM; Wednesday, August 15 at 9:15PM; Saturday, August 18 at 12noon; Wednesday, August 22 at 2PM, and Friday, August 24 at 4:15PM. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at door. Go to www.fringenyc.org or call 866-468-7619.
Directed by Noemí de la Puente of Dramatic Question Theatre, RIGHT ON TARGET
stars Maggie Wagner, who recently appeared in the off-Broadway production of The Diary of Anne Frank
; Simcha Borenstein: Jane Dashow; Janet Kim; Tom Lacey and Robert McKay.
In addition to his novels, Gary Morgenstein
's plays include A Tomato Can't Grow in the Bronx
, Ponzi Man
and Mad Mel and the Marradians
. Mara Lesemann (writer-producer Surviving Family
) of Larralley Productions is executive producer. Carlo Fiorletta serves as casting director.
- Noemí de la Puente’s diverse body of work includes directing Generic Hispanic (a comedy about advertising to Latinos), Manuel vs. the Statue of Liberty (musical comedy about illegal immigration), and The Revenge of Suicide Jack (comic western).
- The multi-talented Maggie Wagner (Karen Harrison)’s film roles include Working Girl, Crimes and Misdemeanors and the award-winning The Talent Given Us. Wagner co-stars in the upcoming horror movie Return of the Killer Shrews with John Schneider. A member of Actors Studio, her uncle is the legendary Hollywood director Mark Rydell.
- Simcha Borenstein (Fared Morrar)’s other plays include A Tomato Can’t Grow in the Bronx; Talk Radio, and The Old Neighborhood. He has appeared in the films Acid Rain, Man of the Century and All About Audition. His web series work includes Acts of Love (The Proposal). He also wrote and directed Arpo the Notella Queen.
- Marking the second time Jane Dashow (Susan Nagel) is teaming up with Morgenstein (Ponzi Man.), she’s been seen in Blue Bloods, Law & Order: SVU and the films iMurders and the upcoming With All My Might, as well as the recent Sundance entry Babyland.
- Janet S. Kim (Julie Chin) is an actor/writer/director. She most recently wrote, directed and produced the film Shadow. Her stage credits include The Seed, U-hauls, How I Learned to Drive, Its Our Town Too, Shape of Things, As You Like It and Three Sisters. She also appeared in MTV / Shot Circuits' Horny Doctors sketch.
- Robert McKay (Benjy Harrison) has appeared in films including Anamorph , Ladder 49, and the award-winning independents and shorts August Firs , Midas' Son and White Sugar In A Black Pot. He has appeared on The Wire, Law & Order and Law & Order C.I.
- Mara Lesemann (executive producer) wrote and produced the indie feature film Surviving Family (www.survivingfamily.us), directed by Laura Thies. Its ensemble cast features Phyllis Somerville (The Big C) and Billy Magnussen (Damsels in Distress).
- Carlo Fiorletta (casting director) served as executive producer for Surviving Family and is the award-winning director for several short movies including Nipple Nazis and All About Audition. Fiorletta is President of GIAA (Guild of Italian-American Actors).